Title of the item you're suggesting:

Memoir of a Circus Elephant

This is a book written from the heart. It does have a serious message but script can be adapted to include many lighthearted moments. The title is Delta the Dancing Elephant: A Memoir. It is written like Black Beauty from the perspective of the abused elephant. This should be an animated film. Nothing has been done like this since Walt Disney's Dumbo and it's time.

242 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KA Monroe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KAMPub commented  · 

still looking for an interested animator/fiolm maker... any takers, let us know.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Delta is a Sweet Read. Or I should say a bitter-sweet read. Capturing, rather kidnapping, baby elephants to become lifetime slaves in the circus is a bitter subject, especially the trauma at the loss of their family and the lifetime treatment they then receive. But Delta comes thru giving us understanding as to what a sweet soul she was. She was always trying to understand humans, and more than wished they understood her. Her consolation was music, music that followed her thru the decades, a release that she could move her body to, and one which her owners exploited. The author has an in depth understanding of elephant relationships among themselves since elephants are social and should never be alone. In the end we are rewarded with a happy ending, and a rendezvous of sorts.

• Regina commented  · 

I love it :-)

• Lisa commented  · 

Please fund this wonderful film

• Anonymous commented  · 

On my want to read asap list!

• CRITHA FRANSE commented  · 

Awesome book. Everyone on this planet needs to read it and it should become a movie to get a even bigger audience !

• Marilyn Coussoule commented  · 

Hoping this gets funded. The elephant story needs to be told, just as much as the elephant needs to be saved from all the suffering it continues to endure.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any sort of media that informs people to make better choices regarding the welfare of animals will always have my votes! thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

please make this into a film to show the plight of these magnificent animals

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need to hear this message and act accordingly to help all of the animals that are forced into entertainment acts.

• KA Monroe commented  · 

synopsis from the Amazon page: the synopsis goes like this: Delta's story is told in the first person narrative coercing the reader to anthropomorphize, to empathize, and to put themselves in her shoes, so to speak. An Asian elephant whose family was culled in the 1930's, she takes you through the life of an individual who is normally not thought of twice: a performing elephant. Throughout the story, appear hints of time and history sugar-coated by music. Character names are hybrid names of real noted elephants and elephant-noted people, presenting the reader with a challenge to see and think beyond mere words.

• KA Monroe commented  · 

Unable to post the link but its on Amazon, under the title for more info. THANKS!

Feedback and Knowledge Base