or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I have to say this guy is pretty low. The sad part is he uses these projects to con ppl, in order to live without having to actually work and he's teaching this to his children. Him and his wife will randomly ask for pity handouts from ppl saying they're in a bad situation, truth is he turns down jobs and burns bridges! It's really crazy! True con artists in today's society. My suggestion to anyone who feels bad for this family would be to NOT donate to them. They really only use the funds to continue to be lazy and con more ppl as needed!

I've been following and studying him for a few years now. So far from what I've established is that him and his family really don't know what they're doing and don't understand the meaning of hard work to get somewhere. He tends to contract out artists for his same two projects then puts them on hold, probably because studios don't want to invest in old, revamped ideas. I don't think his actions are truly intentional, I think what he's doing is a result of being lazy and trying to go the easy route and he gets burned then in turn burns others. I've noticed they also like to play on heart strings of others using their kids for donations, saying they're looking for work etc. but as soon as they get enough donations they stop looking…so basically he's a guy who presents himself as a professional but he is not, he is merely a man who has learned to be lazy and mooch off of society and has big dreams he never intends on following through. Not slandering, just calling it like I see it.

• Miranda M.Miranda M. commented  · 

This really helps me a lot, because I'm currently being told by him to make a large poster for his Monstroville project. I'm seriously glad that two of my friends came up to me about this guy being a scam artist. He's still trying to contact me about the work in process, but I've managed to just ignore his messages, and not continue with the poster. Hadn't I not known this before, I could've lost this work from him forever, and not even get paid for it. It's just sad, but I'm glad I'm free from his clutches, before anything got out of hand.

• poopdeckappyrapemepoopdeckappyrapeme commented  · 

if you work for VON KREEP, chances are you don't have the $$$ a lawsuit requires anyway.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How has this guy not had the pants sued off him? If an artist hasn't been paid then it is not Pignani's work to use. If he has used unpaid for work then that is grounds for legal action against him, isn't it? Can't he be sued into atleast taking the unpaid for work down from his website?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Reminds me of Shannon Eric Denton.

There's a special place in hell for this guy. He genuinely believes he's a scapegoat. From the bottom of my heart, from the deepest pit of my fucking soul-- if you're an artist looking to make it in this business, steer clear away from hogwash douchebags like this guy. I was blamed for the failure and overall destruction of one of the projects I worked on with him. I was overloaded with work, while my colleagues left the project left and right. Von kept dangling the money in front of me-- promising a better future-- a payraise-- and that my work would finally pay off. There was a moment in time when I whole heartedly believed his crock of a sob story. I was the whipping boy many times in the short span of a few weeks. The list of people he's screwed over doesn't end on this site-- it spans from the dawn of his shit poop of a studio starting in 2001. We have to spread the word because this delusional piss stain is STILL trying to wring people dry!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I met with this person and trusted him. He agreed to pay me half before I began work and appeared to send me payment however I later learned that there was a problem with the account and the payment never went though. After the project was done he told me that he decided not to pay me for the work because the client wasn't satisfied with it. He then had the nerve to ask me to work for him again. He works to hire artists in and around the Burbank and Hollywood area.

• Ron MilfordRon Milford commented  · 

I've been approached by this guy sporadically over the past several years. He wanted The Dirtbag Surfers to write some tunes for his stuff, which turns out isn't really his stuff but it's other peoples stuff that he never paid them for. I smelled a rat from the outset. He's what we call one of them "I'm gonna" kind of guys; I gonna do this, I'm gonna do that, I'm gonna pay you. Fucking classic scammer and people user. It is unfortunate for everyone involved and totally violates the Dirtbag Surfer's mantra of always using local cats for art, design, merch and printing. The benefit of this for us is that we totally dig on keeping the bucks in the hands of the local artists and small business people. It not only feels great, but it also helps build a community as free from the corp-o-rat kooks as possible. Another benefit is that we find out who the fucktards are, the scammers, the irresponsible assholes like this guy, and the community exposes them and hopefully, drives him back under his rock where he can't victimize people like he has done in the past.
        2 minutes ago · Like

I've been contacted by him directly, and he made me work on one of his projects, after a while he said that this project is going to get funded and by then I'm going to get a share or a salary from that, so far nothing and whenever I ask him, he says we are still working out some general stuff.

Please don't trust him, I know you might see him connected to some famous people through facebook, but as a fellow artist I advice you not to deal with him!!

Swamp Ape Studios isn't even a real studio...It's just a guy called Von Kreep (who definitely is a "kreep") who scams artists. "Monstroville" and all of his other fake cartoon projects are not actually real funded projects...they are just bait to trick young artists into working for free with the hopes that it will eventually lead to payed work. He just steals their art! He's been posting on his FB page updates about meetings and deals he's been making with well-known people in the industry who are supposedly helping him make his pilot, but they are all lies to make himself look legit. Every artist I have ever talked to who have done work for him are angry that they have been taken advantage of. This needs to stop!

• Tom SlickTom Slick commented  · 

Too many artists coming out and together against this con artist. Let the cartoon community know before they get scammed.

• dean parksdean parks commented  · 

Von Kreep and his sister, will say or do just about anything to get your artwork. Every excuse will be used on why the deadline has been missed. Why the client needs your files sent to them now, even though the project isn't done. Why they can't pay you now, etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Not cool! I had a fishy feeling about this guy when he was starting out and now I'm sad to see how many people he's been screwing :(

I personally know too many good artists who have been screwed over by this Von Kreep guy in the past, and he's been doing this to artists for years. He's a leach and a scum bag, and he'll just keep doing it if people aren't informed about him.

Feedback and Knowledge Base