Title of the item you're suggesting:

Imaginears Animation Studio scam

I found out about a Scottish animation studio that has taken Disney Pixar properties as well as my own and scammed several artists at major studios (Dreamworks, Pixar, Sony, Blue Sky) in order to crowd-fund a short film for $250,000 through kickstarter.

I presented all this information here:

http://giro3d.blogspot.com/2014/01/scam-adam-and-antony-murphys-imaginears.html

I would be interested in the story to be featured on cartoon brew as they are still contacting artists and asking them to collaborate.

thanks!

832 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    francesco giroldinifrancesco giroldini shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jesse StipekJesse Stipek commented  · 

These guys just won't let up... horrible...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I'm sorry Francesco! Especially as a student, it makes me so disappointed they took advantage of you like that, especially when you were generous enough to help them when they were posing as students :(
        CB, let's please get the word out and discourage future scammers.

Hey cartoon brew, please help spread awareness of this please!

• RotundusRotundus commented  · 

Yeah, this is no good. It's always good when the community comes together to oust these kinds of creeps. The best thing to do is get the info out there. I agree this would make a good article on the brew.

• Anonymous commented  · 

When someone steals a material object, you can at least try to retrieve it and restore justice. When people steal art, it's not the same. Something is forever taken. Art, which is the artist's soul and being, should be protected and guarded. This story needs to be shared--it's the only way we can come close to restoring what was lost.

I would find this more news-worthy than a 400th Steven Universe recap

• Katya AnosovaKatya Anosova commented  · 

I guess flattery is the highest complaint, but SHEESH. As an "art" studio, you would thin these guys could have thought of like a million other ideas before the just buckled down onto this one. The fact that you're not letting up going after them on this, even when it was just a simple little "You guys took my stuff, stop it please" to them trying to sue YOU and making it into a huge deal now. It's just sad on their part. They need to scrap all of this and just do something that's, you know, their own idea. Fight the good fight, brother! Don't let the big scary company and it's lawyers scare the lone artist.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please post about this. It's really important to raise awareness about this kind of garbage, to prevent people from finding themselves in similar trouble.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hey CB, I would really appreciate it if you could please post this article.The thought of living in a world where people can just take whatever they want from people without any repercussions is quite sad. It would just be nice to think that sometimes the good guys could win.
        Thanks

• MikeMike commented  · 

Its really a shame that you have to go through this.

• ThistleweedsThistleweeds commented  · 

Hey Cartoon Brew, I hate seeing this kind of thing happen, it would be great if you could post an article about this and just warn people of future shenanigans!

Feedback and Knowledge Base